Monday, September 5, 2011

Munch less than impressed

     So I am trying to reach out to the kink community of Toledo.  I am a member of FetLife and found out that there was a group of people that had a group and met for munches on the second Sunday of the month.  I was excited to meet some fellow kinksters and find out what happenings might be going on in the area.  The post said they meet from 7pm until 10pm at a local eating establishment (name withheld for privacy of group) and to look for someone wearing a blue baseball cap with a computer.  Looking forward to the adventure, I went.  I got there about 7:20pm.  I found one person there and he had just finished eating.  He welcomed me and said oh you just missed one person, they ate and left.  I sat down and we chatted a bit.  In their opinion there seemed to be lots of drama with the group around this area.  I asked about events, play parties and such, to which I got a reply that there were a few but they didn't like single men coming, the preferred couples since single men seemed to just stare.  This was the start of that tingle in the back of your spine (spidey sense?).  This person answered questions when I asked but really didn't go out of their way to ask me much of anything.  I then was told, "I was about to leave and you just caught me".  Found that odd since the time listed was 7 -10. about 20 minutes later, another person did show up.  When talking with them, I got a different view of things.  No drama mentioned, different event descriptions and different places to go for demos and such.  My sense is really starting to tingle now.  This new person was nice, but there seemed to be awkward silences at times.  While sitting at the table, my phone indicated that I had a message on FetLife, it was from the second person at the table apologizing for my first munch being what it was.  It was about 8:15 at this time and the second person that arrived was ready to leave.  I said yes I needed to go myself.  So less than an hour later and well before the allotted time, everyone was gone. 

    Now I sit and look back on this.  It was strange, it was short, it had different information and a strange vibe.  I have never really heard of any party / demo that didn't like single people to attend.  I look back on it and am perplexed at what I really learned.  In retrospect, pretty much nothing more than what I could read on the web about other areas (Detroit) that had events and nothing really in this area.  What should one take from this.  Being new to the group, I though I would learn more.  Maybe it was being cautious with a new person, afraid of what might happen.  I am not sure.  One thing I do know, will try this one more time and hope for different results.  If not..... spidey sense might be right...

 

1 comment:

What is the first thing you notice about leaather folk?